Scroll down for more questions.
1. What position was the patient in when she died? What’s your evidence?
2. Do you think the patient was able to walk? Why or why not?
3. Why is the physician skipping the surgical site initially when incising the back?
4. (See history). How many surgeries did the patient have?
5. Which scars belong to which surgery?
6. What does a surgical incision normally look like for a spinal surgery?
7. What configuration does this patient’s surgical scars have?
8. How many drains did the patient have?
9. Do you think the drains were placed during the first or second surgery?
10. What kinds of complications can there be from a surgery, in general? From a spinal surgery, in specific?
11. What kind of complication do you think this patient had based on the history and exam so far? What do you think prompted the second operation?
This space is for institutional groups.