Inferior vena cava
Inferior vena cava filter
Scroll down for more questions.
1. Are we looking for the right or left side of the patient?
2. Is the left side of the frame superior or inferior?
3. What is the name of the vessel?
4. Is this vessel to the right or left of the aorta?
5. What is the purpose of inserting an inferior vena cava filter?
6. What complication did this patient have? Was it life-threatening?
7. Why couldn’t the surgeon remove the filter?
8. Did the filter trap any clot?
9. You are the clinician on case. What preventive measure will you order for an in-patient to prevent deep venous thrombosis?
10. What treatments are available to patients who have already formed deep venous thrombosis?
11. What treatments are available to patients who form pulmonary embolism acutely?
12. What treatments are available to patients if they survive acute pulmonary embolism?