Brachiocephalic vein, left
Superior vena cava
Scroll down for more questions.
1. What vessel is being opened at the start of the video?
2. List examples of intravascular devices that can be left in the body for an extended time.
3. List examples of intravascular devices that have to be removed or replaced periodically. What is the standard of care for when each of those devices should be replaced?
4. What are the risks of leaving in each of those devices (3.) beyond what is recommended?
5. In the video, there is scarring around device. Where, anatomically, is the scarring? What would be the physiologic consequences of complete occlusion of the superior vena cava? Would this be life-threating? Under what circumstance?
6. What pathology is identified in the video?
7. Based on the findings in the video, what is the patient’s cardiovascular risk?
8. Based on the findings in the video, how do you interpret the dialysis data and medical record notes in the history.
9. Does this video show a cause of death?