Click here to move
Scroll down for more questions.
1. Why tie off the small intestine?
2. Is the tie within the duodenum, ileum or jejunum?
3. What is the vasculature of each segment of bowel?
4. Correlation: A patient with occlusive disease of the superior mesenteric artery becomes hypotensive and develops a bowel infarct. Where would you expect the infarct to occur first? What if the occluded ostium were the inferior mesenteric artery ostium? Or the celiac artery ostium?
5. Identify the greater omentum, mesentery, antimesenteric surface, and appendix. Do they appear normal?