Scroll down for more questions.
1. What is the normal weight of the spleen?
2. The spleen weighs approximately 900 grams. Why was that?
3. What are some of the consequences of massive splenomegaly?
4. What is the vasculature of the spleen.
5. Are any of those vessels (artery or vein) identified in the video?
6. What pathology is identified in the video? Explain if the pathology is old or new and how you can tell.
7. Why is the pathology there?
8. Did the spleen rupture?
9. Where did the bleeding come from?
10. Do you think the bleed was arterial or venous? Why?
11. What role did CPR have in the bleed, if any? What’s your evidence?
12. What role did portal hypertension have in the bleed, if any? What’s your evidence?
13. Why did this person die?
14. What can cause splenic rupture?