Deep vein thrombosis
Gastrocnemius muscle (medial head)
Scroll down for more questions.
1. The left leg is swollen. How would you tell the difference clinically between an infected leg (cellulitis), compartment syndrome, deep venous thrombosis and congestive heart failure? What else is in your differential diagnosis?
2. There is a lot of edema fluid. What is edema fluid?
3. Would you expect edema fluid to look the same or different in the leg vs. the lungs?
4. What’s the differential diagnosis of edema when it occurs in both legs?
5. What’s the differential diagnosis of edema when it occurs in one leg?
6. What muscles would you anticipate attaching to or spanning the back of the knee? Can you identify any so far in the video?
7. What’s the difference between a tendon and a ligament?
Scroll list up and out of sight for self-check.
to view list again.