Chest plate removal
Opening pericardial sac
Scroll down for more questions.
1. What are the causes of tamponade?
2. There’s a lot of clotted blood. Would you expect that to be there if you were tapping the pericardial sac trying to save the patient’s life?
3. Where can the blood come from in hemorrhagic tamponade?
4. Is there any evidence yet for where the blood came from in this patient?
5. The autopsy physician examine a red mark at the base of the heart. Do you think that’s the source of the bleeding? Why or why not? What else could cause that mark?
6. What’s the likely cause of tamponade based on the history?
7. Why did the autopsy physician “wash” the heart with water?
8. Could this person’s life have been saved in the field?
9. Could this person’s life have been saved if there were a witnessed event in the ICU?
10. Is the heart small, normal or increased in size?
11. How does the heart size fit for the clinical history?
Click here to view demo
Scroll list up and out of sight for self-check.
to view list again.