Free stool in the abdomen
Scroll down for more questions.
1. Identify the abdominal wall layers incised at the start of the video.
2. Identify the point in the video where free air can be detected escaping from the abdomen. How does that correlate with the clinical history?
3. What consequence of bowel rupture are identified in the video? How does each one happen?
4. In general, what are some causes of peritonitis?
5. In general, what are some causes of bowel rupture?
6. What do you make of the condition of the liver? How might this contribute to your understanding of why the bowel ruptured? View other examples of liver on the site to compare.
This space is for institutional groups.