Scroll down for more questions.
1. What are the normal lobes and fissures of the lungs?
2. What’s different about the right lung in this patient?
3. There is clot inside one of the fissures. Why is this there?
4. There is blood visible on the superior surface of the right middle lobe, the inferior surface of right middle lobe, the superior surface of the right lower lobe, inside the fissure, and (see Part 7) in the pleural cavity. How do you interpret this specific pattern? Can you infer anything about the placement of the needle during the procedure?
5. The physician feels a mass in the right middle lobe. Do you think the biopsy needle was directed towards the mass? Why or why not?
Scroll list up and out of sight for self-check.
to view list again.
This space is for institutional groups.