Spinal fusion surgery
Intervertebral fusion cage
Click here to move
Scroll down for more questions.
1. This video focuses on the fusion cage. Learn about spinal fusion surgery. How does the surgery work?
2. What is the purpose of the cage?
3. Where are the attachment points of the cage?
4. Predict where the vertebral body and intervertebral space would be based on what you see of the cage.
5. What parts of the spine are engaged by the cage?
6. What parts of the spine were surgically removed during the procedure?
7. Is the spinal cord itself exposed or visible? If not, what anatomic layers around it are still present or visible? Is this expected in a spinal fusion surgery?